Terms and Conditions
The following are services provided and restrictions applied by Web Source Guyana Inc.
- Any Postal Service
- Domestic or Courier Services
- Hand or personal delivery. Valid photo ID must be submitted at the point of delivery for Customs records
- CDs, Books, Clothes
- Catalogue or Mail order merchandise
- Parts and replacements
- Product samples
- Retail Purchases
- Electronic Items, Computers, Accessories, etc.
- Hazardous materials, perishables, animal skins, firearms, aerosol cans, perfumes etc.
- We do not accept nor deliver any mail or magazines subscriptions.
- We do not accept for shipment cash, currency, or other security instruments.
- As a shipper, you are ultimately responsible for your own awareness of any restrictions on shipping
Any packages or goods, which are considered by the Department of Transportation (DOT), the International Air Transportation Association (lATA), and/or the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) as "restricted articles", "hazardous material", or "dangerous goods", may be sent into Guyana as specially-designated “hazmat” cargo via airfreight as cargo.
The cost associated with this will be handled on an individual basis and is not based on the rates mentioned on our website. This is primarily due to the cost associated with the special handling, packaging and paperwork required to handle hazardous material or dangerous goods.
- Web Source fees are calculated based on the actual weight of items rounded up to the nearest pound(lb) e.g. a 2.3lb package will attract a 3lb rate.
- Packages that are excessively bulky may require repacking or additional handling at client's cost e.g. a car bumper. Contact our office for further details.
- Web Source is not liable for damage or loss of items while handled by overseas Postal and Courier services.
- Persons may share the service, however ALL names MUST be given/entered into the client information.
- The primary account holder will be responsible for all charges and delivery is made to only one address.
- C.O.D. shipments will be refused
- Web Source is not liable for damage or loss of items while handled by overseas Postal and Courier authorities.
- A single individual or company will be listed as the Primary account holder and a maximum of two other individuals can be listed as alternate contacts.
- All packages must be shipped and addressed to the Primary Account Holder only.
- The Primary Account Holder will be responsible for all charges and delivery is made to only one address. All reasonable attempts must be made to clear all packages within 30 days of invoicing and packages are to be cleared in the order in which they are invoiced. i.e. a newer package cannot be cleared prior to an older item.
- The Primary Account Holder agrees to pay for all packages within 30 calendar days of the invoice date. Failure to do so may result in Web Source disposing of the package and initiating debt-recovery measures.
- Occasionally, packages shipped from non-US suppliers may attract import duties from US Customs at the port of entry in the USA. As the ultimate receiver, you will be notified of these fees once they are communicated to us. This can sometimes occur even after your item has been delivered to you.
A commercial invoice (or any invoice), regardless of the value must accompany all non-document shipments. As many shippers have adopted a paperless model, they often do not send printed invoices. As a result, you are required to submit your invoices prior to your item's arrival locally. A delay may occur, pending receipt of proper documentation.
Customer's shipments consisting of books, CD's, clothes, documents etc., will be cleared automatically as “Non Trade”, unless prior arrangements have been made in writing. Customs & Excise requests that a “Formal Entry” be done for “Trade” shipments that are “Dutiable”. Therefore you will receive the necessary documentation for clearance in these instances.
Web Source can assist in the preparation and lodging of "Formal Entries", should you so require.
Duty paid on "Non-Trade" shipments (on your behalf) is C.O.D. ONLY.
"Non Trade" shipments are packages imported for personal use and whose value falls below the legal limit of USD $1,000.
"Trade" shipments are packages imported for commercial use and/or whose value exceeds the legal limit of $1,000 USD
We will refuse any item shipped to our address damaged or opened and will notify the consignee provided the package still permits identification of the relevant consignee. No claims will be accepted nor honoured by us with respect to these items, and we will have no liability or responsibility.
The responsibility of Web Source Guyana Inc. begins when the packages are received at the warehouse of its agent in Miami. Web Source Guyana Inc. will not be held liable for packages that are lost, delayed or damaged while in transit to the warehouse.
We are not liable for delays in delivery, damages of any kind (whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential) including but not limited to loss of income, loss of interest, loss of profit, loss of business opportunity, loss of use of contents, breach of other contracts, or any loss or damage arising from the inherent nature of the goods, whether or not we had knowledge that such damage might be incurred, even if the delay is our fault in retrieving the shipment, transporting the shipment, or delivering the shipment.
We will not be liable for your acts or omissions, including but not limited to incorrect declaration of goods, improper or insufficient packaging or marking or addressing of the shipment, or for acts or omissions by the consignor or consignee or anyone else with an interest in the shipment.
The customer shall be responsible for ensuring that an invoice accompanies every shipment. Failure to do so may result in delays and abandonment of shipments. Where shipments arrive without proper documentation Web Source Guyana Inc. will ship the goods into Guyana and notify the consignee in Guyana. Web Source Guyana Inc. will provide the customers with a delivery notification and a copy of the air way bill to be presented for clearance. This will end Web Source Guyana Inc.'s responsibility for the goods and payment will become due immediately. The customer may choose to have the supplier produce a duplicate invoice and have it sent to Guyana or may present evidence of value to Customs for clearance. All necessary storage fees will be for the consignee's account pending an invoice being produced for clearance.
We will not be liable if you or the consignor violates any of the terms of the agreement.
Also, we will not be held liable for loss, damage, or delay caused by any events we cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, "force majeure", or the action or omissions of any governmental or public authority (including but not limited to customs or health officials), or omission by anyone outside of us. We reserve the right, without admitting liability, to refund transportation charges at our sole discretion, but are not obligated to do so.
- Insurance is charged at a rate of $1.25 USD per $100 USD value of your package
- Web Source Guyana Inc. will only insure to a maximum value of $500.00 USD.
- Any package received without an invoice may only be insured for maximum of $100.00 USD.
Your insurance rate does not cover the following:
- Flatbed scanners
- Microwave ovens
- Any other glass, porcelain, ceramic or concrete products.
- Any improperly or inadequately packaged items from shipper.
- Shipping charges are not covered by the insurance and must be paid prior to the processing of a claim.
This policy and the included Insurance rates and services are subject to change without notice.